Pumpkin with blue cheese and walnuts
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 45 min
Yield: 4 side servings or a main course for 2
- 1kg crown pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½-3/4 cup walnuts
- ½ - 3/4 cup crumbled/diced Over the Moon Creamy Blue cheese (note – make sure the cheese is straight from the fridge to easily crumble/dice it, it needs to be really cold)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Cut the pumpkin into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- Put into a roasting tin with the oil and strip about 2 thyme stalks of their leaves, sprinkling over the pumpkin. If you can't get any fresh thyme, sprinkle over dried.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Once out of the oven, remove the pumpkin to a serving bowl or plate, scatter over the walnuts and crumble over the cheese, tossing everything together gently. The cheese will soften a little.
- Check the seasoning and add the last couple of stalks of thyme torn into small sprigs to decorate.
Nigella used pecans instead of walnuts and pistachios would also be good She also used butternut squash instead of crown pumpkin
Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson’s Butternut Squash with Pecans and Blue Cheese (Copyright 2007, Nigella Express, Hyperion, All Rights Reserved)