Over the Moon’s Black Truffle Brie by Neil Willman has been awarded a Gold Award and Outright winner for the “Best New Zealand Cheese’ at the 2017 International Cheese Awards in Nantwich, UK on the 25th of July 2017.
The Nantwich International Cheese Awards is the largest cheese award show in the world with over 5600 cheeses from around the world entered in the 2017 event. Sue Arthur, Over the Moon owner and founder was invited as a guest judge and could receive her trophy in person.
“We WON! Best New Zealand Cheese (Black Truffle Brie by Neil Willman) at the biggest cheese show in the world, the International Cheese Competition in Nantwich, UK. Ecstatic!”, Sue Arthur shared on Facebook.
Black Truffle Brie by Neil Willman is an Over the Moon original cheese created by renowned international cheese master and judge Neil Willman and has previously been awarded Category Champion in 2015 at the New Zealand Champions of Cheese Awards.
Nantwich International Cheese Awards in numbers:
- The 2017 event was the 120th anniversary with the awards show growing each year.
- 5% increase of entries from the 2016 event.
- Over 500 judges were tasked with judging the 5600 entries in just 5 hours.
- Over 30,000 visitors were expected with overseas visitors attending from New Zealand, Japan, Australia, Canada, USA and every European country.
- The size of the pavilion had to be increased to accommodate the record number of Trade Exhibitors.
- This is the second Nantwich award for Over the Moon with Galactic Gold receiving a silver medal at the 2016 awards.
Over the Moon Black Truffle Brie is available from our Stockists nationwide.